Do I Need a New Mattress?
Signs You May Need a New Mattress & Foundation (boxspring):
- You wake up with stiffness, numbness, aches and pains.
- You had a better night's sleep somewhere other than your own bed (such as a hotel).
- Your mattress shows visible signs of overuse (it sags, has lumps, the interior is exposed, etc.)
- You toss and turn throughout the night.
- Your mattress is 5-7 years old.
In general, a mattress set that has been in use 5-7 years is no longer providing you with the best comfort and support. Keep in mind that people's bodies change over time, and the need for good comfort and support only increase with age. That's why it's a good idea to compare the mattress and foundation you are sleeping on now to newer models every few years.